By editing this wiki, you agree to follow all of the rules listed and to behave in a reasonable and respectful manner.
Basic Wiki Rules
These rules apply to How To Train Your Dragon Fanon Wiki as a whole.
- Be respectful of other users and their pages. Remember this is a fanfiction site, people will have different points of views about the series. Allow people to be creative and have fun.
- No discrimination or other “hate”. Be respectful for other people's opinions, religious beliefs and political points of views. We do not want anyone to get offended. If everyone is comfortable with the topic, it may be discussed. Also, any form of bullying/harassing will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate language is not allowed. The How To Train Your Dragon series was aimed towards a younger audience. Therefore, inappropriate language is strictly forbidden. If you really need to use a curse, censor it with asterisks.
- No sexually explicit content. Do not be perverted or use sexual language or references. Remember, HTTYD was meant for children. We do not want people feeling uncomfortable during their time here.
- No spamming and no trolling. If someone is not following the rules, please screenshot the action and report the person to an admin with evidence.
- No links to impropriate sites. Anyone caught linking to inappropriate sites will be blocked.
- No spam or vandalism. All accounts spamming or vandalizing will be blocked indefinitely on sight with no warning. Please see Help:Spam and Help:Vandalism. Also, admins may in advance block users who vandalized our sister-wiki How to Train Your Dragon Wiki.
- Having alternate accounts is fine as long as they are marked as alternate. However, you are obliged to use only one account at the same time. Using alternate accounts for voting in polls is prohibited, as well as using them to pretend to be someone else.
- Using multiple accounts to avoid a block is strictly prohibited. The act of evading a block (or creating a "sock puppet" account) will result in a permanent block of the sock, and extending the block of the original account. If done continuously it can lead to a global ban.
- If you do get into a disagreement with another user, it's better to just walk away or take it to another site. You may ask an admin for assistance. A third party person can help settle the debate and see both points of views from a new angle. Everyone has the right to be here and use this wiki. We want this wiki to be safe and fair to everyone.
- Every violation of these rules will result in a warning and a block, if necessary. If you don't agree with your block, you may discuss it with an admin who blocked you on their Message Wall on Community Central.
- Do not create off-topic pages. This is a fanon wiki about HTTYD, so all characters, species, places and events must be somehow related to the HTTYD universe.
- Do not edit someone's page without their permission. Although all community content is available under CC-BY-SA license, don't edit someone's pages unless it's necessary, inform them what they should improve instead. The fanon community is based on a rule that everybody may create their own characters. Instead of editing a page about someone's character, create your own. Adding categories is okay, but if a page is missing or has an incorrect category please inform the page owner so they will be able to add the right categories on to their future pages that may make. In case of any other editing, including spell checking, please ask the owner if they agree. Minor edits will be tolerated if they are not frequent, but if changes are more significant or made too often, they will be considered acting to the detriment of the community and vandalism.
- No art theft. This means no posting art found off of DeviantArt, Google or any other website without the permission of the artist.
- Tracing without proper permission or credit can be considered as art theft. While referencing other images can be good practice, always make sure that the owner of the image is okay with people tracing their art. If they are not okay with tracing then you are not allowed to trace the image. If they are okay with you tracing their image you must give credit to the owner of the original image. Even if you do not trace or copy the image exactly, you are still required to give credit as the image/idea is not completely yours.
- Have pride in your work. When creating pages, make them look as good as possible. Short and poorly made pages will be considered vandalism and if not cleaned up by the creator, will be deleted. This includes adequate spelling, grammar, etc.
- Do not upload images off wiki topic. They should be somehow related to HTTYD universe.
- Remember to categorize pages and images created/uploaded by you.
Role Playing Rules
Basic Wikia rules also apply to role playing.
- Number One rule for Roleplay is no God-Moding. God-Mode is when a person controls another person's character and forces that character to do what they want, even if it's not what the character's owner wants. Here is the definition of God-Mode from Urban Dictionary.
- No Mary-Sue or Gary-Sues. A character that is classified as a Mary-Sue is too powerful, too perfect and can not be defeated in any way. Please give your character some flaws and weaknesses. Here is the definition of a Mary-Sue from Urban Dictionary.
- No killing or harming someone's character without the owner's permission. We do not want people unhappy during role play.
- Language and sexual role plays must be mark as Mature Roleplays and people involved in the roleplay must all be okay with it. We understand some people may want more mature roleplays, however no smut roleplays are allowed.
- If someone is new to roleplay, be kind and walk them through the process. Do not take advantage of new roleplayers and also please understand not everyone has perfect spelling. Some users may be from another country where English is not their first language.
- Be respectful of other people's opinions and ideas.
- Do not use someone else's character who is not in the role play at all without their permission. In general do not use anyone's characters without their permission.
Some of the rules above are based on the rules from HTTYD Wiki.